Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Going back again...


Still catching up with December, I'm back to thinking about the Christmas Retreat at The Center; a must for me every year!


The Fireside Room is always so warm and welcoming.  A good place to connect with old friends and meet new ones.  We began the evening with making pomanders.  The oranges and cloves smelled so good and looked so pretty.


Then we always trim the tree that is waiting for us in this room...


We made garlands with fresh cranberries, pasta and cut paper shapes.


Being very creative, some made angels and whirligigs.


A fun idea to remember to do with my granddaughters...


O Tannenbaum! 


Soon it was time for dinner and singing to Holly..."Happy Birthday to you!"

more to come...

3 comments:

nacherluver said...

What a wonderfully happy place that must be. I'm so glad you get the chance to experience the creativity and camaraderie of that space and glad you share as well. I don't have a lot of time on blogger anymore and when I do, I usually peek in w/out comment. I wanted to make sure to stop and comment today and let you know I love your posts! Even if I only get a peek! Your smile shows through in them all.

Doris said...

I'd been thinking for some time on making some pomanders, haven't done that since Camp Fire Girls.

april said...

You are a dear, Lynn...thank you. And yes, it is a wonderfully happy place!

Doris, make some! They smell sooooo good!