Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Back again to last week...


In my class last Wednesday, we made some special cards that you could give to special people.


First we made a kind of serendipity paper by gluing all little scraps of paper (each one concentrating on their favorite colors of the holiday) onto a piece of cardstock.


Next we turned the finished cardstock upside down and cut it into 1" strips, and then cut the strips into 1" squares.


After picking and choosing, we attached nine little squares onto a 5x7 folded card and added a stamped message.  Voila!  My thanks for this lovely idea to Jacqueline Sullivan.

3 comments:

Kate said...

What a fun project, April! I want to try this.

april said...

Kate - rip your scraps less than 1-1/2", then glue down with a glue stick. After they were all down, I used a baby wipe with matte medium and a little metallic paint on it and swiped over the entire surface to cover ripped edges and any background cardstock surface that was peeking out. It also protects and seals it nicely. After cutting, I glued the squares down with gel medium. I also added some pieces of punched stars or circles for glitz. Put under heavy books between waxed paper for a little while.

Laura said...

April I can see your in the grove now with the photo's up and running now great idea for holiday cards..