Saturday, November 10, 2012

Nature notes

When I take Henri out in the early morning, I am always looking up at the sky to see what's going on up there.  The little crescent moon was so pretty and bright this morning, a perfect little sliver,  just bobbling along on a sea of fluffy whites, that I could see even in the dark.

Another exciting thing happened in the late afternoon yesterday.  My next-door neighbor has some bushes that the cardinal seems to like and he will fly over to my window feeder sometimes from there.  You can't miss that beautiful red color flashing through the air.  As we were peeking out at him, we saw another little visitor perched on the side of my window frame...a downy woodpecker!  Couldn't get my camera fast enough, so I think I have to have one sitting right there near that window.  Who knows what goes on when I have my head in the paint and medium bottles!

1 comment:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses things around them! I love the little woodpeckers too, but the can be a little elusive sometimes!

I hope you enjoy your weekend!