Friday, October 12, 2012

managing mandalas and...


On Wednesday, I dog-sat.  "Wrigley" came to visit for the day.  I love Wrigley!  He and "Timber" are pals.  The problem was that we had new sod put in Henri's part of the yard where he plays ball, so they couldn't go in that part and so I just managed to let them in and out separately.  Here's Wrigley looking in at Henri...


and Henri looking in at Wrigley.  "We want to play ball!"


Sitting quietly, so that they would, I decided to work on the mandalas that we had begun in pen & ink class last week.  After I had drawn this design, I told Lois that the outer border looked just like the little hats that she crochets for children!  hmmmm...


so I decided to make them the little children.  Thought the balls under the faces looked like snowballs and so I left them white, and the middle maybe a big snowflake.  Thinking winter with all those little warm hats.  Oh, and striped scarves and white earmuffs.


Well, then made one in pink for the girls.


Now, I am thinking witches with their crystal balls for Halloween!


and maybe the children of the world...


the ideas will be endless with this one design.