Sunday, September 23, 2012

party!


Today is "birthday cake" day for a special little one, new to our family.  Two years old!  A busy time for all, so I am in charge of baking the cupcakes.  You know, I love to bake cupcakes!


Some chocolate.  My Mom's best chocolate cupcake recipe.


And a new recipe for vanilla cupcakes.  "The Ultimate Vanilla Cupcake".  Hope it's good!

Oh, and speaking of recipes...hubby bought a "bargain" at Bed, Bath & Beyond called "SliceOMatic" in a "bargain bin" for $9.99.  It's one of those "seen on TV" items.  Sometimes he is my prep chef and always is afraid of cutting himself on the mandoline.  I thought, "oh boy - another gadget".  Along with it comes a nice little cookbook and so thought I'd try one last night.  Took him a few minutes to figure out the machine but he got it and hey! it works pretty good.  It has a handle that you press down to slice or julienne and a container that catches it, so your fingers are not near the blade.  The recipe I made is "Roasted Stuffed Sweet Onions" and it was rich but oh so delicious!  Large sweet onions, Baby Bella mushrooms, garlic cloves, zucchini, walnuts, fresh parsley (from a pot on my deck), fresh thyme (from a pot on my deck), Mascarpone cheese, and Marsala wine. Oh my gosh.....

No comments: