Friday, June 1, 2012

Baby Robin update


Excuse please.  He's not a very tidy housekeeper.  But he is still here today and he's made a nice little "nest" in the grass.


He lets me come right over to talk to him, but he doesn't want to listen when I tell him he's a big boy and needs to flap his wings.


You can't just stay here on the ground forever.  It's not safe!


But Mommy Robin keeps coming to feed him and he's very comfortable, I think.


And I remember the grass-cutters are coming today!  Oh goodness!  And we need to go out for a while...


So..... I built a little brick wall around him.  Then I remembered it was a holiday, so the grass cutters would be a day late.  Oh well, we are ready for tomorrow.  Now, we went out and when we came back I went out to check and I talked to him again and to Mommy who was close by and when I turned around.....


out he hopped!  Big birdie!  "Here I go out into the big wide world!"

3 comments:

Gloria said...

Awe...:) Cute photos and post!

I hope the little guy can hop his way into flying soon!

xoxo...Gloria

Laura said...

April you cute bird stories..how the dove's doing any babies there?

Ann said...

how cute is he!!!!!!!!