Sunday, June 3, 2012

Another baby in the garden


Did you ever see such a little baby bunny?  My neighbor saw him out in the back yesterday afternoon and called me to see.  Oh my gosh!  And  "where's your Mommy? "


So sweet.  I hope he found his way home.


And here are my dove's eggs.  I'm sure some didn't catch this on my post, but threre was a coyote out in the back of our yard one morning and after that we did not see Mommy Dove again.  So the eggs just stayed there in my hanging basket.  I finally brought them in.  I knew she would have come back if she could.


I can not believe how tiny they are.  I can't imagine how dove babies come out of those small eggs. This is a tiny basket that I made out of a tiny pumpkin gourd.  The perfect little nest for these little eggs since neither parent came back to the nest.  This was the second time they nested there, so I am hopeful for a family again.

3 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I've seen baby bunnies, and they are so sweet aren't they--Just like the little bird eggs. I do hope your baby Robin is doing okay and finding its way in the big world!

nacherluver said...

Sweet baby. We have quite a few bunnies in a variety of growth size in our yard. One morning I saw three adults playing chase around the garden. I say "around" because luckily I fenced it in before planting! My husband keeps threatening BB gun, but rather than going to the store and purchasing one, I find him watching them frolic and laughing! I'm good with that. :)

Laura said...

Love your gourd nest April, sad to hear of the misfortune but part of natures plans I guess.