Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A trip downtown!


Yesterday, a little group of us went down to the Newberry Library to see the calligraphy exhibit.  Always interesting to see the pieces the calligraphers have created.  And I love the Newberry, so impressive and beautiful. 

"The Newberry Library was founded in 1887 by a bequest of Chicago land developer and city leader Walter L. Newberry, who believed strongly in libraries, cultural activity, and civic engagement.  William F. Poole, the Newberry's first librarian and founder of the American Library Association, began to build the collections by purchasing book and manuscript collections from around the United States and Europe."


"Exploration 2012".  The 26th annual juried exhibition of the Chicago Calligraphy Collective.


Here we are!  Judy, Joyce, Marge, me and Kim...


and another shot!  Judy, Joyce, Marge, Barb and Kim.


I love the area, with so much history...


so picturesque...


and love taking photographs, maybe to paint, draw or collage...or just to look at.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Awesome Ladies!!!

Kate said...

What a fun day! I need to get down there to see the exhibit.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love days like this too, and am jealous because for me, its been too long since I enjoyed one!!