Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter!


On with the week, Friday was a blur - getting ready for Easter festivities.  The Easter Egg Roundup at The Center was on Saturday and it was a beautiful day!


We had tied ribbons on the little baskets and bagged jelly beans earlier in the week, and they had boiled 1700 eggs and baked 1100 sugar cookies and we were all ready for the anxious children coming to visit the animals at The Farm and see the Easter Bunny in the Magic Forest.


Mark, Lois and I filled all the little baskets with hay to hand out to the children after they each got their own egg from the chicken coop. 


It was a busy time and I hardly had time to take pictures this year, I guess.  Back home in the afternoon, it was time to get ready for our Easter dinner.  Family was coming at 4:30! 


And it was Dan's birthday party too!  Angel baked the birthday cake!  Here is Dan's guitar on the left and the beautiful cake on the right.  Amazing!


Happy, happy birthday, Dan!


A very special cake.  Baked with love.  


The detail!  I couldn't believe my eyes!


I know Dan loved it!   


Brent brought along his guitar and later gave us a evening serenade to end our very nice day. 

3 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What an amazing cake!! I would hate to cut into it, and just keep looking at it!! :-)

I'm glad you had a good weekend, and I hope your week is off to a good start!!

shutterlovebug said...

These pictures are great!

Thanks,

Love,
Mark W

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a realistic guitar cake, wow!! Sounds like you had a busy Easter too.