Sunday, April 8, 2012

Catching up with the week...


This makes me remember and appreciate all that happened during my week.  Back to Wednesday and it was my collage class.  Sketchbook homework was to practice a horizontal composition.  Just pulling pictures out of magazines, this is what appealed to me.


Now, for the week's spring break, they are to practice vertical composition.  I can't wait to see what everyone will come up with.  It's definitely fun to look at all the homework sketchbooks!


And we finished up our "studio muse" collages.  Here is my mom, looking over me with her creative ways.  She was the "star" of moms in my eyes.


I continued with some stars at the bottom with molding paste and some paint.


The class busy working.



Lora Lee was finishing her wonderful garden collage.


And on to the "studio muses", here is Denise's.  Colorful and inspiring!


Bernie chose to honor an old friend, whose memory continues to inspire her.


Sandy's lovely mother-in-law.  Beautiful memories of her.


Barb's continues with her masterpiece.


Carolyn's tribute to her dear mother.  She surprised us by using all of our atc's to frame this piece.  What an honor!


Judy has delightful momentos of her grandmother and found a wonderful frame at "Shirley's Place" in Palos Heights.  I have mistakenly left off the main part of the frame that borders the nice wide mat with then this inside border to match the outer frame.

And Peggy's grand story told here of her very brave grandmother who came over to this country in search of a new life.


Quilting class in the afternoon and I finished a little binding on my pink piece, so that I could use it for the Easter table. 

1 comment:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looks like such a fun and interesting place you're at! I see the binding on your runner too, looks wonderful!