Sunday, April 8, 2012

And then...


Thursday morning was drawing class.  I am hostess for that class, so I made peanut butter cookies in the morning to go with our coffee/tea.  My mom's recipe and beautiful handwriting.


Not sure what I wanted to draw, I decided to practice some figures.  After a while, I went next door to visit the woodcarving class and see what they were doing.


Keith, our woodcarving teacher.


And here is my hubby working on a bunny relief carving.



Wonderful "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs", done by Randy.


He carved it from Cypress knees.


Perfect root with eight knees.




Audrey is doing her carving after Van Gogh's famous "Old Man With his Head in his Hands (at Eternity's Gate).


Wonderful!


Mary is doing all the figures from "A Christmas Carol".  She is working on the ghost of Christmas Present.  What a fabulous collection that is going to be.  And look at that tiny candleholder!


John, doing a beautiful lighthouse.


Marcia is carving this sleek cat from Butternut.


And Larry's beautiful relief of a flying duck.


Keith, giving suggestions to Dan about his horse head.


And here is Bob's very touching head of Christ.


The Log Cabin For The Arts.

1 comment:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What is the Log Cabin for Arts? It really looks interesting!