Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Plants and animals


Yesterday was groomer day, and Henri was happy to be back home to play ball!  He looked very handsome when he came home with his "egg and chick" scarf around his neck though. 

In the afternoon, after calligraphy class, I took a run out to my son's house.  They had been cleaning up the garden; lots of things growing there from before he moved in.  We think this is rhubarb, but not sure.  I have a small plant, but I don't remember it having such curly leaves and that bulb at the bottom!  I think, if it is, this must be a very old, vintage, well-established, yummy plant!


And there's lots of them...


with a huge root system.


And I haven't introduced you yet ... but I want you to meet my new grand-dog, Shelby.  She's a Wheaten Terrier and she is a sweetheart.  She loves Grandma and I love her.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I think that's rubbarb April...give it a chance...the stack is nice and ruby red...there's some out there that look like it but aren't...the bulb might me more leaves and stacks coming...need an expert I think though. And Henri looks great and a new grand dog...Shelby how cute.

Gloria said...

The pups are as sweet as can be! I believe I saw some recipes for rhubarb on a blog post awhile back. On "The Jolly Bee" (she is on my blogroll). She hasn't been posting lately, but she has a wonderful blog. Might be a good source of recipe inspiration...:)