Thursday, February 2, 2012

Wednesday's class

packing tape

Yesterday, in my collage class, we practiced all kinds of transfers.  Packing tape transfers, gel medium transfers, matte medium transfers, polymer transfers.  I had them do them on pieces of mat board and write the procedures on the back to help remember what they did and how each one looked.

gel medium transfer

These are a couple of my samples and trying to post some of the ones the class did, but Blogger doesn't want me to this morning, so i will try later. 

6 comments:

nacherluver said...

Sounds like a fun day in class! Love the idea of writing on the back of the samples. That's where I always go wrong. I do something and then don't remember how the heck I did it! Ha! Glad it's not just me!

Jan said...

I like your new header. These transfers turned out great! I should try more of that sort of thing. Guess I'll put it on the list.

Laura said...

Great idea April, agree with lynn...we forget so easily.... or I should say I do.

april said...

yes, we think we'll remember and poof! Distressed papers too!

Kathy said...

Impressive ideas to create transfers. I've only done the gel medium ones, but now I'm interesting in knowing more about the packing tape ones. I like your blue collage you are using for your header to your blog.

Marjorie said...

Interestingly, I didn't like the packing tape transfer because it stayed shiny like tape, but after two coats of matte medium it blends into the rest of the collage and doesnt stay shiny!