Monday, December 19, 2011

Singing

Those who wish to sing always find a song.  Proverb


December is flying along, my computer has been out of order and the tree is almost all trimmed.  The Christmas tree is one of my favorite things and I see that I now have enough ornaments for two trees!  All meaningful ornaments.  All bearing memories. What to do!  Another quirk in my computer is that I can not yet load pictures onto it, so I will wait, but I just wanted to write something today.  Needed to write.  A need.  Yesterday, I made a Frosted Chicken Salad  and some Cranberry Bars for the Christmas Tea at The Center.  I had a few crumbs of the bars left at home and I can not stop eating them.  I think I will give you that recipe, but no picture yet.

Bella Fiori Cranberry Bars

Cream:
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 sticks butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Add:
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup chopped walnuts

Fold in:
2 cups of fresh whole cranberries

Spread in a 9x13 pan
Bake at 350* for 1 hour

I found that letting them cool a little before cutting is a good thing.  And first loosen around the edge of the pan; then cool some more before cutting into little bars.  Little dainty bars are nice.  First one may be hard to get out, but continue loosening from the bottom with a pancake turner.  I did sprinkle them with a little powdered sugar and they look so pretty and taste heavenly. 

Thanks to my favorite flower shop in New Lenox, "Bella Fiori". 

2 comments:

nacherluver said...

That recipe sounds rich! and yummy!
So glad you have your computer back. Hope it's in top working condition for you real soon.

Suz said...

oh yum
and by the way..what is the bookies book....I lost the scrap of paper ....and don't bother about the stuff to drop off...see you at bookies in Jan