Sunday, November 13, 2011

Getting ready!


Bustling along with my list of things to do, I'm getting ready for the art show & sale at The Center next Sunday!  Packaging and packaging and packaging notecards, greeting cards and gift cards.


I have my sheep card printed in black & white, but then hand color them just a little bit.  They come to life for me.  You can hardly see it, but they get a little "Blush" on their faces, a little "French Grey" on their wool and a tint of "Raw Umber" for the hay in the background.  I took a photograph of these sheep, years ago at the Will County Fair, and the next year I won a blue ribbon for the photograph.  The picture haunts me.  They were so sweet; like they were consoling each other.  I loved them.


And this is "Farley", my son's lab.  Sadly, he's gone now.  He was a wonderful "companion". 


I add a little "Yellow Ocre" to his fur and a little "Canary Yellow" to the sun coming in the window.  As I color him, I can feel the softness of his fur and feel his tail thumping against my leg when I would come in the door.  He would follow me around the house, when I would be babysitting Danielle there, and plop down wherever I sat...always near. 

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Oh, that is next week, isn't it. I'll have some ornaments to sell and some stuff to just show. Always a nice afternoon.

nacherluver said...

Wow! Lots of work. Great job on the cards.

Ann said...

i so wish i lived close enough!!
the cards are beautiful.
The sheep card is breathtaking..you really captured the feeling between them!
thanks for sharing these!
have fun at the show..I'm sure everything will sell out!!

Laura said...

love them all April..do you have any of the donkey's?