Thursday, October 6, 2011

the theatre


Yesterday, we went to see "Sweeney Todd", The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street at Drury Lane Theatre in Oakbrook.  I love live entertainment, and the voices and acting was wonderful!



It was a delightful afternoon!  My friend, Peggy, and her husband happened to have tickets for the same performance.  We were able to sit close to them, and afterwards had some good fried chicken at "Dell Rhea's Chicken Basket" in Willowbrook.  http://www.chickenbasket.com/  A relaxed and fun place to go!

4 comments:

Elena said...

Oh how cool! Love that ceiling bling. Glad you had a great time with music, friends and food. Yum.

Robin said...

Sounds like a great time!! And I love live theater too!! I'll be seeing "St. Mary's Roller Rink" in Green Bay this weekend!!! It's supposed to be hilarious!!!

MB said...

We saw Sweeney last weekend; it was amazing! Absolutely stunning production values and cast, just like Broadway!

Jan said...

I love Sondheim, wish I could have joined you.