Thursday, September 8, 2011

Let it begin!


 The busyness begins!  Here is my wonderful class yesterday.  First collage class of the season.  I love these girls; they are becoming like family.  There was a lot of chattering going on at the beginning of class, but they were so glad to see one another after the summer break, and that is delightful to see.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  They keep me going!


Things settled down and everyone was busy.  Since they kind of have their idea by choosing a word from the dictionary to collage about, the definition, continuing on with the secondary words in that definition, dreaming of the colors and images of the words, we started out this session with making some papers to use.


Lots of concentrating...



Just my quick demonstration of the plain tissue paper, wet and painted to make it's own design and just left to dry that way.


I know today when they peel off their papers off from the plastic they worked on, they are going to be excited with the results!


Then we tore wonky strips of masking tape and put them on plain drawing paper, painted over them and the paper with acrylic washes and the effect is so nice.  The tape takes the paint differently than the paper and it's just so neat!


And then we had time for sanding magazine paper with different stencils underneath.  Lovely way of distressing and changing magazine pages!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Wow, what a great group session! I should suggest something like this for my group, I think they'd like it.

Glenn Stenson said...

Amazing! All I do with tissue paper is blow or wipe. Starting to seem like a waste of tissue!