Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Another week


A new week again and yesterday was Calligraphy class and practicing Italic.  I'm determined to do it!

This morning, Poetry class.  We are all remembering our friend and fellow poet, Marjorie.  Some of us attended her memorial on Sunday and read from her book of poems.  She was a wonderful and inspiring poet.  It was a rainy day and I love this one of her's that I read as I could imagine her walking in the rain above and watching us...

Rainwalking

I like to walk out in the rain.
Some folks think
That's quite insane.
"Not enough sense," they complain;
"She's out there
Getting soaked again."

The rain mingles with my tears,
Washes away my foolish fears.
I sing alone
And the rain hears
I smile alone
And the rain cheers.

My friends, the tumbling clouds above
Keep pace with me
And slowly move
Above the waiting, thirsty land,
And God and I walk hand in hand.

Marjorie Storer

2 comments:

Glenn Stenson said...

Glorious poem!

Jan said...

if that is how you write your morning pages, no wonder you want to preserve them!

Very sorry about your friend, I"m glad you have her poetry as a remembrance. I love this poem, especially living in rain country as I do.