Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Paste Paper!


Sunday was our meeting of the Creative Spirits and Marge led us in the making of paste paper.


All were busy trying to make the perfect design, and they all turned out individually beautiful .


Everyone's own style showed through.


Nancy had a wonderful knack with these beautiful swirls!


Lots of supplies; our tables were loaded!


You're never sure how they're going to turn out.  I plan to do the back sides, as we are planning on making a book.


I don't know - I just think this one was my favorite.  It's so organic.  Maybe a pond of frogs and tadpoles?


Some I may go over with another coat to make them match the ones I am happy with.



I did find a lot of "tools" to use, so I did swirls...


and circles...


and swirls!


At the end of our day, Marge gave us a little demonstration on "pressure and release" lettering.  Always fun!  Thank you Marge!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Was potato salad part of the process?

Laura said...

Awesome Ladies!

Kathy said...

I've always wanted to try this technique. The art teacher at our middle school has her students make large sheets of this and they use it to bind up handmade books for an assignment.

april said...

haha! Marge saves her containers for the paste, Audrey. No potato salad.