Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Art


Last Thursday was our first summer art session.  Our sessions began with Lake Katherine and it turned out to be a beautiful day. 


The ducks were lively...


and they inspired "my little artist" who was with us for the day...


...her first time participating in "plein air" drawing.


I decided to concentrate on some lovely growing things...


...and did a little study.  Now I have to look it up and see what it is.


And my little artist did the same.  She even added a little singing bird.  Isn't it wonderful!


Time for lunch and our critique.  We had a great day!

7 comments:

Suz said...

I'm not kidding that girl has talent
Oh to have a grandma like you

Audrey said...

April, Danielle is realy talented! Did Lois critique her drawing too?

april said...

thank you - thank you! Oh yes! She was included in the critique!

Laura said...

It truly is amazing to watch this young artist grow..thanks for sharing Daniella work and process April

Gloria said...

Beautiful drawings! You can see that Danielle has really inherited your talent. How wonderful for her, and you, that she can come along to your class. You are a wonderful grandma!

Happy drawing!!

xoxo...Gloria

MB said...

Will you adopt me?

april said...

Oh, bragging grandma...she is very special. I love sharing with you all, who I know appreciate. xox