Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Art today


We sketched and painted in the lovliest of gardens today.  Judy's garden is one of our favorite places to go.  This is what she calls her "spirit tree". 


All the flowers were waiting for us, standing straight and tall. 


Just one of our lovely choices to have lunch!


This birdhouse was one of my subjects to draw.  I just love its little nail perches, each bent a different direction.  Want to work on it some more, so will show you when I get further. 


The garden holds every kind of flower and they are all beautiful.  What a treat of a day!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Oh, I wish I would have gone!! I thought the weather was going to be bad and also had to get some work done on my car. One of these days.....

Elena said...

Oh just beautiful! Ok, how do I find out from Judy what that tree is?? Wonderful garden!

april said...

I will ask her, Elena.

And Robin, you and Elena both need to come!