Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Yesterday's Art


Yesterday, Danielle and I made marbelized paper; the kind with shaving cream.  I got out the craft paints instead of inks and they turned out pretty good.  Not as good as when I saw it made before with inks, but it was okay and maybe a little more kid-friendly.  I had wanted to practice this to show my class on Wednesday.  When we were done, I suggested she make her own collage.  Her idea was to use a piece of it for a girl's skirt and a piece of colored card stock for her blouse and then she drew the rest.  Voila - Mixed Media!  I love her!


Next she said she was going to make a pop-up card.  So instead of folding the card stock, she just began and it became a paper sculpture!


Next, a little sky collage.  Maybe a "comet" in the left corner with the marbelized paper, it's tail?  She did add some drawn stars and a moon.  Don't you just love children's art?  She had fun creating these, her own ideas, and oh boy - she loved the shaving cream!

1 comment:

jot30 said...

Priceless. She is so creative. I wonder where she gets that talent. Lucky to have you as a teacher. Summer is coming. Hoping Danielle and Ewiz can do a joint class. Thanks for sharing.