Friday, May 6, 2011

Wednesday's class


Last Wednesday morning, when I was driving to my collage class, the sky began to open and it looked like someone was peeking out at me.  I couldn't get the picture in time, but a lovely ray of light (you can see it a little bit) came pouring out of those clouds.  It was breathtaking.


Everyone began working on their abstract landscapes on the pieces of slate.  Bernie has a beautiful start. 
I don't think I told you that the slate is from a building that was over 100 years old.


Judy's beautiful colors of nature!


Sandy's lively southwest theme.  Beautiful sky to show off the cactus and rock.


Teri's peaceful composition rolling along.  She even added some gestural writing!


Maryann has a great start.  Her colors compliment the slate.


Two of my new students are working on watercolor paper.  Pat has chosen a busy garden scene.  Lots of work ahead!


Kathleen is working on a big window and soon a flowerbox will appear.


I love Barb's dramatic sky!


Peggy was inspired with another idea that she had with lovely pink papers that we had made, and soon will get to her slate.


And Denise is the first to make her color wheel.   Nice!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Our VBS craft lady has slate pieces that are 5-1/2" X 8-1/2" and we will be brainstorming on what to make with it. One of the days is Crossing the Red Sea and the Bible verse is from Psalm 18:2, The Lord is my rock, so maybe we could incorporate the crossing of the Red sea with the rock(slate). I'll post when we make something of this in June.

Suz said...

good luck with the piggies
I'll be in Galena
love your students work
and that peek hole...awhhh!