Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sketchbook Collage

 I wanted to show my class how to approach doing an interpretation of a photograph.  Sometimes you just want to do that, and sometimes it is just a good way to practice ideas or to learn how to collage.  My dear friend, Laura, taught me to use a sketchbook to put my ideas in that may eventually lead to a finished piece.  So below is my expression of this flower garden, step by step.






Next, another popular theme, a window with a flowerbox.







It's all just too much fun!

4 comments:

Dar said...

Very Talented Lady You Are...nice to meet you April and thanks for stopping by via Suz. Your Collage is very cool. Now, that looks like something to do with the GrandLoves today since it's raining too hard for outside biking and swings.
Is the Barn to be Wild in, yours and all those wonderful farm pets? I sure miss mine sometimes. They were all named and mine.
Please stop again and know that I will be back. Now, I must look at the rest of your Blogs.
BlessYourHeart

Dar said...

How do I follow you?
BlessYourHeart

Ann said...

love your collages and thanks for sharing the step by step!!
The window with the flowerbox is my favorite!!
xo

Gloria said...

I have been loving to play with collage & mixed media art forms. Yours are great!!

I think a sketchbook is a great way to put your ideas down before you forget them! :)

xoxo...Gloria