Saturday, April 30, 2011

Purple!


Here is my Purple square for the month of April for the Rainbow Challenge .  I didn't think I had very many purple fabric scraps, but ended up having more than i thought.  I also have a couple of my mom's old favorite blouses that I can not part with, one of which is purple, so I used a few little strips of it to add her into this piece.  She loved purple.


So here it is, waiting to be added on, along with the others.


January's Blue and February's Red...


and March's Green.


And here is my friend Denise's purple square for the month of April.  I will be posting her's here as she doesn't have a blog yet.  I love the effect of the lights and darks in this almost Log Cabin piece.


And here are Denise's January, February and March blocks.
Now - what will the color be for May?

6 comments:

Jan Maree said...

You are going to have a great rainbow quilt to remember the rainbow scrap challenge by. Well done!

Kathy said...

I love what I see in your photo of all 4 string blocks. I need to make my purple one this week so I can get caught up!

Quilter Kathy said...

How exciting to see all your blocks together...they look great! It will be a spectacular quilt!

april said...

Thanks so much! I can't wait to look at all of yours too!

The Quilting Elf said...

It's so fun to watch your rainbow string blocks grow into a quilt! And how nice of you to post your friend's rainbow progress also. I like the almost-log cabin block. Good job to you both!

Ellen said...

You will have a beautiful rainbow quilt when done - your blocks (and your friends') look great.