Thursday, February 17, 2011

Winter collages

 Finishing up our winter collages yesterday in class, I am still thinking about something to add to this one but I couldn't wait to put my transfer on and take the tape off the border.  Am I trying to rush winter along?

 Peggy's bird looks almost wistful as he looks out at winter.  I love the addition of the transparent blocks of color laid over her peeled paper background. 

 Sandy used some of her own drawings for transfers in her lovely whimsical piece.

 And Marge's photography, placed in her inviting winter garden scene, adds nice interest.

 Lots of winter wishes going on in back of this winter tree by Judy.

 Bernie's serene winter landscape.  I love the look of those folk art-like trees. 

 MaryAnn has added some bark and subtle reds to compliment the birds and berries.

Denise is deciding on her main image to go on top of her wonderful handwriting background.

Next project, we will be thinking of Spring and Color!

3 comments:

Laura said...

All beautiful works

Doris said...

Enjoying the coolness of the group of pieces, a little more relaxing than venturing out in the weather.

Gloria said...

What a selection of beautiful artwork!! I love them all...:)

I bet they were a lot of fun to make!!