Thursday, February 3, 2011

valentine planning

 I have an annual valentine-making gathering for my collage and painting friends from The Center and this is the weekend!  Everyone must bring valentines that they have made at home before this event, to exchange with all that are here.  The count has grown to around 30!  Then we create valentines that day to take home, along with our bag of valentine treasures. Now I am trying to make some samples of things the gals might be interested in doing here.  I have a really nice book called "Paper Quilting" and, using an idea and instructions by Sarah Lugg, I made the sample above.  Sarah Lugg's nature collages were one of the first things that made me fall in love with collage.


The instructions for this one are by Sharon Glanville.  I have not done any machine sewing on this one, but made it simple with just strips of paper for the busy day ahead. 

More to come...

2 comments:

Laura said...

so many great things happening April good to see and love the Henry in the snow and all the wonders you have been exploring..good for you.

Doris said...

Wonderful projects, inspiring!