Friday, January 21, 2011

Wednesday's Quilting

Here is my birdhouse wallhanging that I am working on.  Last Monday, I was going to stop at the fabric store, after my afternoon class, to buy new fabric for this project that we were starting on Wednesday.  The freezing rain forecast had begun by the time I was on my way and so I thought, no, I better just get home.  Wanting to get started the next morning, I searched my stash and found some pieces and even scraps that i think are quite good and kind of whimsical for these birdhouses.  Actually, the striped roof matches the pillowcases that I made for Danielle's bedroom here, and so will go quite nicely when I hang it in that room.  Love this - making things out of stuff that I already have!  It's like collage!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oh I so love this wall hanging April.

Audrey said...

So cute.

Kate said...

Isn't it a great feeling to be able to use stuff you already have? That is going to be really nice!

Doris said...

Bird houses... how inviting to spring!