Wednesday, January 19, 2011

and the classes go on...

 Monday was Calligraphy and we are practicing Bookhand. 

 We also had some fun doing "sink art" with Sumi ink.

 Interesting patterns.
 Fun to do!

Tuesday was poetry and today is my Collage class.  Here is how my collage is coming along.  I have decided to go with the theme of  "Winter Wind". 

And usually thinking poetry, I love the haiku by Basho.

Winter solitude
In a world of one color
The sound of the wind.

In my collage, the neutral light brown washes are the color that he speaks of, and the blue is the sound of the wind.

2 comments:

Audrey said...

That last picture of "sink art" reminds me of the flocking starlings.

Doris said...

Gets me thinking of pulling out those inks I bought and playing a bit... Lovely collage and haiku!