Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Something old, something new

Just beginning to put things away after our new countertop was installed.  It's a jobful of decisions.  What to put where again.

New and bright and shiny.  I will try not to clutter.  I will try not to clutter.  I will try not to clutter.  I will try not to clutter.


 But the old treasures will stay.  With having to empty everything out of the cabinets, there are things that I forgot I had!  And there are things that I love and use all the time and I had to look at them in their new environment and show you.  This is my grandmother's lemon squeezer.

And this is her cooking fork.  They love to be shown off.  The joy of cooking!

5 comments:

Robin said...

It's beautiful April!!! "I will not clutter." That's much easier said than done, isn't it???

Doris said...

What fantastic relics!

Suz said...

ha! I'm contemplating doing the same thing!
it's scary all those decisions
but yours turned out wonderful...new sink and cook top too?

lora lee said...

I think I have the very same counters that we had installed last fall. Don't you just love them??? What is the name?

april said...

Yes, Sue, new sink and stove top too. Very happy with the work. Several people in our family have had them and they are right on LaGrange in Mokena.

And Lora, the color of the granite is Ghiblee Beige. Yes, makes a big difference in the kitchen.