Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

 Feeling sinusey and so I am glad to have grapefruit in the house.  My mom is strong in my thoughts anyway this month because we are both November birthdays, and grapefruit always makes me thing of her more.  I think she ate a half grapefruit every day of her life.  I love them too.  She would eat them with a grapefruit spoon and honey drizzled on top, but not me - I just cut it up and gobble it down.  So juicy!  Grapefruit is loaded with Vitamin C and so good for the cold and flu season.  Today I used the honey too to make me feel better.  Yes, quite yummy!

Then I went on to try this new recipe I found.  "Cinnamon Pretzels".  Sounds like a good November snack, doesn't it?  Smells good too.  The recipe says "Sugary cinnamon meets salty pretzels in this super easy, gift-worthy snack mix."

2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 - 16 oz package small pretzel twists

In a large roasting pan, stir together oil, sugar and cinnamon.
Add the pretzels, toss well to coat with the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Bake, uncovered, in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes, stirring twice.
Spread on waxed paper to cool.
Store in an airtight container.

So now, I'm having grapefruit and cinnamon pretzels for breakfast! 
I think I'll have a Hot Toddy tonight before I go to bed.  My Uncle Albert taught me that.  (another November birthday)  So warm and you sleep like a baby.

1 oz. brandy or whiskey
1 Tbsp honey
1/4 lemon
1 cup hot water
1 tea bag

Coat the bottom of a mug with honey
Add the liquor and the juice of the lemon quarter.
Pour hot tea into the mug and stir. 
Delightful!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

4 comments:

joo said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY TO YOU APRIL!!!
Your rcipies sound ddelightful:)

Audrey said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
The pretzels sound intriguing, I'll have to give them a try.

Suz said...

I love grapefruit too
used to use those spoons..I think my mom had them!
Now I just cut and eat..yum
Happy thanksgiving dear friend April

Doris said...

Wonderful recipe! I must try it!