Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Yesterday's art lesson

This watercolor leaves art lesson is from http://www.deepspacesparkle.com/ .  While Danielle was here yesterday, i went out and gathered some fallen leaves.  I set them all out on the table and Danielle drew the shapes of the various leaves on watercolor paper using Crayola Oil Pastels.  After the leaves were drawn, she filled in the background and the leaves with watercolor washes that I had mixed.  The colors mingled and puddled in spots and gave interesting effects.  The oil pastels resisted the paint and it was a fun and magical project!  She loved it.  Thank you, Patty!

3 comments:

purplehatartist said...

These are quite beautiful! I love how you're always finding ideas for Danielle--and then I steal them for MY grandkids!! lol

Laura said...

love it... love it... love it!

Doris said...

I think I may be doing that lesson tonight! Wonderful!