Thursday, October 21, 2010

An important day...

Today was the "unveiling" of a collage that I did for The Center in memory of a wonderful lady, named Marion Nielsen, who was an art teacher there for many years.  I had the ultimate pleasure of knowing this lady and when a friend of hers asked to commission this piece, I was honored to do it.  Marion talked me through it, I swear. She was one of the sweetest, most uplifting people that I have every known and everyone that knew her feels the loss.  It was a lovely celebration and meeting Marion's friends and husband was a treat.  Lois gave a simply lovely little speech and prayer, and we indulged in hot coffee and yummy cookies made by our new chef, Julie!  I will have pictures soon!

7 comments:

Robin said...

April, I just came home from the cooking class at the Center and I saw the collage for Marion!! All I can say is WOW!! It is sooooo beautiful and so perfect for her. I took some art classes from her when I was very young (10 or 11) and I will always remember her enthusiasm!! And all those Tasha Tudor luncheons!! What a wonderful honor for her and for you!!

Suz said...

where's the photo!

Ann said...

i can hardley wait........!!!!

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Oh I am so sorry...

I wanted to thank you for sharing the "Mom" poem with me. I had it put on the program for my mom's memorial service. It is very special. Just wanted to let you know.
Love, Joyce

Doris said...

I heard about the collage from Sunhawk! Can't wait to see it!

J (uk) said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of such a special lady. Hope your collage will be a lasting tribute to her. Must be very special.

butterfly woman said...

So glad I attended the unveiling. It was a very moving event. The collage is so colorful and filled with emotion and love.
Now that's creating art that leaves an impact!
Can't wait to see the collage again and again. So much to see and take in. Oh and loved your explanation of it....