Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oh those morning glories!


When suggesting a summer memory collage to my class, I, myself, decided to do one about my morning glories, which have been one lovely part of my summer. I am working on a long vertical, actually mat board, and above is how I have started with the papers we have made in the last two sessions.

They are climbing up the trees...

through the gate on the deck...

and over across the rails...

saying hello to the frog...

downstairs visiting the rocks...

and all around the bottom of the deck...

and back into every nook and cranny...

out of the yard and...

and up the brick wall...

and across...

up the downspout...

covering everything...


oh-oh, including the electric meter. Now I know why we have been getting "estimated" electric bills all summer! I've pulled them aside.

6 comments:

Suz said...

Oh my! Where do they begin..a pot?
or in the ground?
I am jealous
but I secretly long for heavenly blue

april said...

No pot. Seeds from a packet into the ground. Every year they get further and further. I guess the birds plant them on the other side of the deck; I sure didn't. But they're beautiful. They're a greeting in the morning. Yes, Julie loves the blue ones. I guess these are the most wild ones. I love them!

april said...

They're up with me at 5 a.m., even now when it's dark.

Ann said...

oh.so very pretty !!!!!!!

Doris said...

They are so prolific! Reminds me of Briar Rose...

Gloria said...

Beautiful!!!! The morning glories are one of my favorite plants growing in the garden...right up there with my roses!
Have a wonderful first day of Autumn!
@}~`}~~~ Gloria