Sunday, September 26, 2010

Being that I have been a journaler for years, my old Discovery Journal from "Simple Abundance" came to mind and so I had to get it out and reminisce.  It always brings tear to my eyes. 
Pictures of things that are important to you and things you like and things that stir up memories.
I remember that I couldn't resist this sweet picture.  Kindness.
And, of course, paper dolls!
Certainly there are pages of golden retrievers...and labs and beagles.  How my goldens loved tennis balls!  Doesn't that look like "Clifford" looking down on that one?
the sweetest.
and my favorite time of the year brought memories of Thanksgiving and the wishbone.  When I was young, my Uncle Albert and I would do the "wishbone thing" every year.  It was so much fun!  As it says in this article "Squabbles over the bones eventually led to the custom of tugging them until they snapped, and the holder of the longer piece would be granted a wish." 
My Uncle Albert, my Mom's cookies and O' Tannenbaum.
Memories of home.
and memories made since.

5 comments:

Elena said...

Just beautiful....

Joy Palakkal said...

Really Nice!!!
With All Best Wishes...

Doris said...

Hmmm. Wish I had some old journals to reminiscence with. I do have morning pages, but they can be taunting.

april said...

thanks!

Start now, Doris - they are so much fun!

Laura said...

Loving every bit of it!