Monday, August 2, 2010

"Club"

Yesterday was "club" and a trip out to Oswego where one of my friends lives. These are my good ol' school chums and friends since the summer we graduated from grammar school and going into high school. Almost a lifetime. We began with frozen Marguaritas on the patio.

My friend's daughter loves gardening and she has a beautiful pond in their backyard with water trickling down this little rocky cascade. It's so restful.

And full of happy goldfish! It is well established, and she had read and read about it before doing it. She says she feeds them until October or so when it gets cold and then they hibernate for the winter in there, and in the spring she begins to feed them again. Over the winter, they have breeded and multiplied.

This is the way to have goldfish! In the spring, she said there are also lots of tadpoles and when they become frogs, they are off and hopping and she doesn't see them again. Just hears them somewhere off in the distance.

Two of us were missing, including me taking the picture, but we had a yummy grilled italian sausage and chicken lunch, and a delightful chat.

Little angel food cakes with fresh berries and whipped cream for dessert. Perfect for a summer day!

3 comments:

A Ruffled Nest said...

Hi April,
I wanted to let you know that my blog address has changed from www.arufflednest.net to www.arufflednest .net . I was trying to change things on my blog and messed up pretty bad but am thankful I did not loose everything. Sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks, Sherrie

purplehatartist said...

Looks like a perfectly lovely day, April!

Doris said...

What a lovely spread! Always wanted a turtle pond, but feared my dogs would swim it!