Saturday, July 31, 2010

thursday's plein air painting

On Thursday, our art class was off to Judy's beautiful garden. We look forward to this spot each summer. It's like walking into another world. Restful and beautiful...

and colorful.

Many sessions here, I land by her potting shed. I love it. It's weathered, antique-y, charming and quiet.

Judy always has all kinds of interesting displays and surprises set up throughout her garden. I loved this little "still life", although it meant lots of ovals and elipses!

I decided to sit myself down and give it a whirl!

I even got to do some lettering!

It's tricky because the sun keeps going in and out and the shadows keep moving.

Soon it was time for lunch, but this is what I got done. I will still put in some more darks and a hint of the chair to continue the shadows.

5 comments:

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

I love it! So so cheery.
Do have a sunshine-filled Saturday! xx

Laura said...

Yes I'll have to say I love this too!

Simple Home said...

Is that water color April? You did a wonderful job with this.
Blessings,
Marcia

april said...

Thanks! and yes, watercolor. Was fun!

Doris said...

What a beautiful day! Nice still life!