Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wednesday's day

Continuing on with trying acrylic washes to make nature prints. Some flower petals still stuck on this one, but I'm happy with the results.



Just trying different plant material to see which ones work best.

I won't use the entire sheet, but will use a template the size of the journal page to zero in on a pleasing area.

The red is striking, but not as vivid as the fabric dye. These were milkweed leaves. Nice detail.





I plan to work on the fabric dyes again today and see what happens. Going to Julie's later, so will cut some more of her sweet gum? leaves as they make really nice impressions.

In the afternoon, I went to Denise's "felting" workshop. We used wool from the sheep at The Center, which Denise had already washed and combed, or I think they call it carded. She also had some, I forget what she called it, already prepared and dyed from the store. I must get the language of this correct. I absolutely love the natural though.

Working with cookie cutters for the shapes, I made an apple and a chicken...



a gnome and a star.

1 comment:

Doris said...

So many interesting projects!