Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Creative Spirits

This past Sunday, we had a meeting of the Creative Spirits at The Center. We decorated wooden house shapes that Mary was so kind to donate to all of us. I chose the theme of birds and this was the tall one I started and completed yesterday.

I had spent most of the morning there, sanding and applying gesso to a little board book to attach to the house and then after putting my background paper on, decided on something else.

A twig, an egg and the bird is my drawing.

Back view. The background paper was actually some washes that I had applied a while back. They were pale and I wasn't fond of them, so later when I layered some bleeding tissue, I used that paper to lay them on, and this was the result.

I chose this "Frenchhouse" wine cork for the chimney.

This is the second shorter wider one. Used the same paper for the background, as I had enough.

Added a little crochet circle. I have a box of little odds and ends, quilting scraps, etc. that my grandmother did and so thought it was a special addition to this little house.

Some dried stuff and oh, the flowers are from a little gift bag that my daughter had given me on Mother's Day. I thought the colors were perfect.

Back view and my bird again.

And a sweet yellow clay bead from my favorite potter, Renee.
Here are the busy creative spirits. Nancy, Gai and Carolyn.

Gai also chose a lovely nature theme. Isn't it pretty?

Mary looks over an old antique book to find something special.

Here is one of Mary's. Love the twigs!

And here she works on another one, using house plans as her background with packing tape transfers over all. So clever!

Nancy is collaging strips of papers on her house.

Love those strips!

Marge has made some lovely ones and here she is thinking about her design for a new one.

Here is one of Marge's finished ones with rolled paper beads for the roof. What a wonderful idea!

And here, her finished one for the day with another one of those wonderful little altered books. This was a very fun project!

6 comments:

Unseen India Tours said...

This is a fantastic post !!Great and beautiful Art Work !!Would be back soon !!Unseen Rajasthan

Elena said...

Beautiful creations!!!

Doris said...

Really cool projects. Whose brainstorm was this? Adorable!

purplehatartist said...

April, your houses are so rustic and detailed. Love them both. It was a lovely day, wasn't it?

april said...

thanks!

the idea was Marge D's and Mary's. Marge has been making them and Mary had the house forms.

it was a great day!

Kathy said...

What an amazing workshop! It sure would be fun getting together and creating such wonderful found object sculptures.