Saturday, May 8, 2010

A walk today...

"Grandpa", "Aunt Julie", "Daddy", and our friend Tish were in a photography class today and Danielle was in Kid's Art, so I took a walk in the woods. Always excited about seeing the Mayapple.

I can never remember what this is called. I have to ask again. Honeysuckle! That's what it is!

Isn't it cute?

Wild Phlox or Dame's Rocket.

Here's Jack-in-the-pulpit!

Purple trillium or Wakerobin.

And there was a fungus amungus.

A peek through the trees at the chapel.

A wedding today!

More Dame's Rocket. 4 petals.

And the happy Dandelion!

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi April,

Thanks so much for sharing your link with me! I really enjoyed seeing your images from your walk and the variety of life you have in your area. The only one that I have seen before is the dandelion. :)

I appreciate you taking the time to send me your link and sharing your walk.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom

Doris said...

I have a ton of honeysuckle bush! They root everywhere and kill the grass beneath... but the hummingbirds love them!