Sunday, May 16, 2010

The greatest treasures...

"The greatest treasures in life are the wonders of nature, the love of family, and the joys of friendship." from Nature's Sketchbook Perpetual Calendar by Marjolein Bastin

"Pause now and then to enjoy a quiet moment...refresh the mind...renew the spirit."

Another chance to take a walk and enjoy nature at The Center yesterday while the family was in the photography class and kid's art. I love the circle of Trillium that grows around this big tree. Reminds me of a "fairy ring".

Beauties!

I could hear all the wonderful birds in the trees but the Robin was the only one who showed himself to me. Proud Robin Red Breast.

Oh, don't go away. I love to hear your song too.


And again, all the beautiful wildflowers growing there.










Weddings here today and these flowers would make perfect bouquets for the brides, I thought.








Hidden in the woods, you would never see these treasures, if you didn't take the time to look.












Each one, like a flower fashion show.













Little miracles.







"I see you in there. "







And past the chapel...

Baby pine cones forming!

Look at that!

Natural ornaments.

"Nature touches us with her lovely works of art."

"Nature...that perfect place where we can simply be ourselves."

A fairy path.

2 comments:

Elena said...

Just beautiful! I remember driving past The Center for so many years and never knowing of its beauty. I guess I had on blinders....thank you for your words and sharing the beauty you see.

Doris said...

So much natural beauty. Love greens and browns... with the stone chapel and white egret as focal points!