Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The leaves

"There is always something to make you wonder in the shape of a tree, the trembling of a leaf."
Albert Schweitzer



The Leaves

When I can take some time to pause
and gaze up at a tree,
I think of little things
my mother'd say to me.
She'd say that on a windy day,
when she would watch the leaves,
it seemed as though a story they'd tell
a-nodding in the breeze.
You get a dreamy feeling
on a lazy summer day,
above you there's the blue, blue sky,
a billowy cloud goes drifting by
and sometimes as I sit here too
I can see it's really true,
the twisting, twirling leaves do
tell an endless tale to you.
Gertrude Berglund

2 comments:

Doris said...

Oh, I'm looking forward to a lazy summer day!

Elena said...

Oh it is so pretty. Words & creation are serene and inspiring.