Monday, April 5, 2010

Yesterday's dinner!

Julie always takes beautiful pictures of all of our dinners, so I must share our Easter menu with you. First nibbles of veggies and Ranch dip, cheese and crackers and Julie's best deviled eggs. Then Easter Ham, of course. Stuffed shells in marinana sauce with pork bones and italian sausage missed the photographer.

Boiled little red potatoes with butter and chives (that are coming up in my garden!). Baked yams missed the photo too.

Sugared asparagus, made with brown sugar, butter and chicken broth. A favorite, Audrey, you would love it...yum!

Wonderful scalloped pineapple. Recipe, compliments of Mary Ann.

Julie made my mother's Dill Bread, another favorite.

Sauvignon Blanc with a name that I love! "Cupcake"!
I made another traditional recipe of ours - "Aunt Ethel's Easter Fruit Baskets". Got the recipe out of the newspaper years ago in a Holly Sugar ad and have to make it every year. I don't know who Aunt Ethel is, but thank you. They are little nests made out of Shredded Wheat, sugar and butter, and baked in muffin pans. Then you spoon in homemade whipped cream and top with sliced strawberries and kiwi. Oh my gosh!

...and then the Peeps sang "happy birthday" as Dan's birthday is this week!

4 comments:

Suz said...

want to adopt me?

Ann said...

my goodness..I'm full just reading about it!!! Sounds so very yummy !!

Laura said...

Happy birthday to Dan and what a wonderful Easter Celebration.

Audrey said...

My family doesn't need anything on their asparagus, just a little butter. I have to remember to buy more for next year. This year I tried a carrot souffle which is sweet and ok, but my family missed the cooked carrots with dill butter. The scalloped pineapple sounds interesting; I love pineapple.