Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Red-wings and catching up

I am sure these were the red-winged blackbirds that I heard yesterday. Spring is almost here!

And, catching up with the last few days, last Friday, after poetry, was Marge's workshop where we made these wonderful "flag books". I got to use some of the paper I made in Jacqueline Sullivan's class at the calligraphy conference last year. Very special paper to me.

Then in yesterday's calligraphy class, we are studying uncial this session.
Today, I am home working on papers to show my eleven inspired and inspiring collagers in my class tomorrow.
And...Happy Birthday to Brent! 21 today!

6 comments:

Elena said...

Happy Birthday Brent!!

I love this part of the year...watching for the first signs of Spring. Like waiting for Christmas presents. Lovely work and can't wait until class to see what you've got planned.

Suz said...

great minds think alike!
I found three robin tenors in a tree!
I have made one of those books
Tried writing a poem using it
..drove me nuts
But it was fun
21?!!!!!!!
lordie!

MB said...

April, Your Uncial and your flag book are just lovely!

Robin said...

Love the flag book!! I have tulips coming up!!! I need to protect them before the rabbits find them!!!

Laura said...

beautiful papers and love the book.

Doris said...

Congrats to Brent!
I saw myriads of red winged blackbirds on Sunday and have been seeing robins all week. Still single robins although I heard there was a fat robin on somebodies shed!