Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"I see trees of green..."

Well maybe not trees, but I see green! Made me think of Louis Armstrong's song ytoday when i was at The Center. "What a wonderful world" and "I see skies of blue and clouds of white." So it was good day in collage continuing to create new papers, and then in quilting where I am starting a second quilt with the "rag" edges for my son.

Forgot about taking pictures in collage, with all the busyness, but snapped a few. Here's Bernie starting with a juicy wash.





And the next one is Judy's after adding drops of rubbing alcohol. Neat, huh? And the bottom picture is Elena's tableful of papers. Distressed magazine papers after wrinkling and sanding, using stencils and sanding, washes with salt added, and washes with rubbing alcohol drops added. Beautiful!

Home late afternoon to find Mark now with the stomach flu!

5 comments:

Doris said...

Green is so needed! Was so refreshing to find the sun out yesterday!

Elena said...

Isn't it awesome?! Except this darned song has been running through my head for a couple days now...
"Oh sunshiney day...." On and on..

Robin said...

Missed you in drawing today April! Sorry to hear there is still sickness in your family. I hope you can dodge the bullet!!

Audrey said...

I missed both of you today. Sorry to hear the flu is in your midst. Tell Rich that Randy came for a visit. Hopes to carve next week. Also tell Rich that I got stuck with one of the "old" guys sitting in his seat.

Ann said...

what a beautiful place to go..and to create !