Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Retreat

Arriving at The Center on Friday for the retreat, there are always pretty goodies awaiting us on our dressers.

Pretty little things to go with the theme of the retreat, "Quotes from the Heart".

And a touch of Spring!


Soon after we arrived, it was a delicious dinnertime and then back to the retreat room to begin planning the pages for our books. We did pastel rubbing, ink blowing, lettering and collaging. Soon, off to bed to dream about our quotes.

Good morning! A peek out my bedroom window, just as it was getting light.

Breakfast is served! And look at this beautiful fruit platter!

Here we are! The happy artists! Me, Denise, Marge, Peggy, Pat and Lois.

During breakfast we are entertained by the birds. Here's a sweet little Chickadee at the feeder.

A couple of woodpeckers were dashing in and out but couldn't catch them on my camera.

After breakfast, we went for a walk to get our blood flowing for good creativity.

Past the Retreat Wing...

the Wayside Chapel...

and over the bridge...

Lots of snow to walk on, which was good as icy underneath.

Enjoying nature.

And back to the Fireside Room that is always welcoming. Time to start creating! To the card...

5 comments:

Suz said...

Oh what a fun group to be with...ink blowing?
I think I have done paint blowing with a straw to move the paint around for branches...similar?

Uta said...

Brrr April, it looks so cold. I wonder if I would survive cold weather like that???

april said...

Yep! That's it, Suz.

There was no wind that morning, Uta, so it was a beautiful walk. I love the change of seasons! But right about now, ready for Spring.

Robin said...

Everything looks wonderful!! I love the projects you did! I so wish I could have come to this!! Maybe next time!!

Doris said...

What a gorgeous weekend for inspiration!