Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fun Friday

Yesterday was a workshop at The Center with Marge B. We made these wonderful little folders. Made from cardstock with a coat of gesso, we then sponged the surface with acrylics.

I love the button closure.

And the size we made opens up to hold ATCs.
That was the afternoon project. In the morning, it was Poetry class. Our homework was to write something from a different place than where we usually write. One day, I had gathered my thoughts while driving in the car (although I sometimes do this) and quickly wrote them down when I reached my destination. This is what I came up with when comparing nature's thoughts to my own. (not critiqued yet.)
Waiting
Thinking as I drive along
how everything is waiting.
the ground so cold
the trees so bare
with arms that reach
for springtime air.
I understand.
I also wait
for gloom to turn its' head.
but I must dare
and bravely be
one to face the fare.

1 comment:

Doris said...

Great ad lib poetry! Wonderful ATC folder.