Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Book

The cover of my book about "Quotes from the Heart".

A few finishing touches to be done yet on the pages and also to finishing gluing the edge of the cover down over the staples. I composed my book like Gwen Frostic's books, with a piece of tracing paper introducing each page of artwork.

Little bare winter tree branches.

And cutting windows to reveal what is on the next page.

"Nature never did betray the heart that loved her." William Wordsworth

We like parted drops of rain,

Swelling till they meet and run,

Shall be all absorbed again,

Melting, flowing into one. Bronson Alcott

The pastel rubbings come out so interesting, I think.

"Are you too proud to kiss me?" the morning light asks the buttercup. Rabindranath Tagore

Here, the spider is on the tracing paper and the poem is on the page underneath.

The spider holds a silver ball

In unperceived hands

And dancing softly to himself

His yarn of pearl unwinds. Emily Dickinson

Fun phrases by an unknown author!

I loved choosing the quotes for my nature-themed book and it was suggested we do a personal page including writing of our own. These were just some of my thoughts while looking out the windows at the beautiful snowy woods.


Walking down the snowy path

The woods suspended in time

Not a branch moves

They wait for the signal. by me

A lovely time. A lovely retreat.

4 comments:

Marjorie said...

Your book came out lovely! Can't wait to finish mine later!

april said...

Thank you, teacher!

Laura said...

Just what you all needed.

Doris said...

What a beautiful book to treasure!