Thursday, January 21, 2010

The week goes on...

Yesterday morning, in my collage class, everyone got a start on the portion of their "feelings" collage that they did last week. With some encouragement, they will do a "packing tape transfer" (like the brain here), and a matte medium transfer. Add a little acrylic wash and a few "sprinkles" on top of the cake.

Moving on with the day to quilting in the afternoon, I am still cutting out my flannel squares for the middle and the backing of this quilt, but had to start the machine quilting and sewing a few together to see how it would look - and to know what I was doing so that I could continue at home. The weather promised problems and so we left a half hour early. Glad we did as it started to deliver that freezing rain as I drove home.
Today, I paint!

3 comments:

Elena said...

So pretty-can't wait to see the finished product. Thank you for the book reminder...I'm searching for a used one online now. :)

Laura said...

Wonderful just moving along and forward

Doris said...

So very many projects going!