Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wednesday

Okay, I'm calming down now. The "biggies" are over; the retreat and the luncheon. Photos soon! The luncheon did go well. My voice came out through the microphone and I didn't collapse. It's "The Center"! It's such a relaxed place to be. It holds me up. There were 33 guests! Jackie made Susan Branch's Lemon Chicken and it was outstanding! Yummy collards and yams. And Toasted Almond Crisp sprinkled on ice cream for dessert. Then the program. Lois showed the slides and I gave the talk. My dear friend Alice Collins www.cookiesandchaos.com was in the audience and sent good supportive vibes through the room to me! We even had a pianist who, after the talk, played Christmas carols and we all sang. The 9-foot Christmas tree, there in the great room, looked fabulous completely decorated in it's traditional pressed Queen's Anne Lace and red bows. You must stop in to see it. After that, we were on to the art Log Cabin for some Christmas crafts. Cranberry hearts, Christmas card pictures in twig frames, toasted Star croutons, cardinal gift tags and little books made to the tune of Susan Branch! The pages and cover of the books took me two days to prepare, but it was worth it! Photos soon! Now my class today and we always have a good time!

2 comments:

Doris said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the cookies and chaos. Lovely little story.

Tia said...

Looking forward to seeing the pictures :)